Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breaking Routine. I Hate Nightshift.

In December, I'll have officially been being ('been being' sounds so weird, grammar police help?) a girlfriend for 3 and a half years.
3 & 1/2.
At times it doesn't sound like its a long amount of time at all.
Sometimes it feels like its been really long, longer than 3 years.
Other times it feels like it sounds like a short amount of time.
So what I'm feeling right now, tonight, I'm not sure how to describe it.
Sad I guess.
For some reason they have my boyfriend working over night tonight, 10-6.
Like, he gets off at 6 in the morning.
Yea, took me a while to actually process that happening.
But it is happening.
Call me a baby.
Go ahead really, I already talked to my Mom tonight and that's what she said, she thinks me feeling this way is somewhat funny. If I weren't me maybe I'd be laughing too.
I don't know what I'm going to do.
I don't know if I'm going to sleep.
I cant imagine being able to stay awake all night.
But I also cant imagine sleeping without BF.
I loveeeeeee sleeping, but going to bed without him just doesn't sound good at all.
At night, I hear lots of noise like cars going by with music, somebodies dog going through bushes, the house shifting/settling.
But it is very hard to convince me that those noises are not burglars, psycho killers yelling, break ins/robberies, wild animals.
But BF does a great job of that convincing and he's always been right, no burglars.
But I'd much rather be alone during the day.
3+ years spent going to bed with the same person.
One night alone during these particular hours feels so weird.
But don't worry I'm toughing it out somehow :)


*(if you are laughing at me going crazy over just this one night, please feel free to stick around and next month you can laugh at me panicking over the thought of spending 6 whole days/nights away from him)

2 comments:

Michelle@DomesticationoftheSingleGirl said...

I'm a bad girlfriend. The Bottomless Pit snores. And talks zombie talk. And is a bedhog...and a blanket hog. And he thrashes all around in his sleep. AND he always needs me to set the alarm for some unGodly hour because he can't wake up for work on his own (and I can't wake up for an alarm for me, but if it's for him I have no problem...that's so weird...). The few nights that we've spent apart were so relaxing. I actually SLEPT. I was scared, though, because I'm pretty much never by myself at night.

You guys are way cute, by the way, and I love it. Hope your time apart flies. And night shift is totally unacceptable, tell his boss I said so.

:D

Gina said...

I totally would feel the exact.same.way. In fact, B used to have a job where he'd have to travel for a night or two and I hated it. Despised it. In fact, that's why he ended up quitting his job!!!