Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Beautiful Mess

I'm doing it.
It may not be easy, it may not be fun, it may not be pretty, but I am doing it.
Its for my Mom's birthday, I decided to go all out and be a brave baker.
Attempt to make that beautiful Rainbow Cake.
(I stumbled upon it at MckMama's and I've also seen it here.)
My counter top, fingertips, and sponge, are all stained a rainbow of colors thanks to ever wonderful food coloring. You know what I call that? A mess. A beautiful mess.
What a beautiful mess, what a beautiful mess I'm in, spendin all my time with youuuu theres nothing else I'd rather doooo!
Sorry I had to.
So if the cake turns out somewhat decent, I will proudly serve it to my family.
If not, we'll just say I never spent hours slaving away in the kitchen trying to mix the perfect shade of cake batter orange.
I think it will turn out looking as good as the one in the pictured at MckM's.
Haha who am I kidding! Deep down we all know my version of Rainbow Cake will come out looking if not the same, very similar to what a Rainbow Cake created by a 7 year old with one arm tied behind his back would look like! Lets hope it at least tastes good!

No comments: