Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thats A Good Question

How should teachers handle students texting during classtime?
Honestly it would be easier for me to debate this topic than to find solutions for it. Text messaging interrupts the entire class. Really!? I just can't agree that discretely tapping a touch screen disrupts the whole class. I find myself good to go, as long as its on silent of course. Whatever I cant help it! I have a boyfriend that I like to check in with and send ILY's to, and a Mom with the same network! (hello free texts!) I'm not obnoxious about it, and sometimes it really is vital, example I text J to tell him when I'm ready to be picked up.

How should teachers handle students texting during classtime?
If you didn't know, teachers find texting in class extremely disrespectful and unacceptable.

Seeing as how I am one of those "students that texts in class" I am having a brainfreezeihavenoideawhattowrite little trouble coming up with a detailed solution, to what appears to be a situation teachers are dealing with from middle school to college. What works? Take the phone away? Embarrass them? Watch them send the message, pick the pen back up and resume working!? Take points away?

Anyways, anyone stopping by my blog pleeeeeease leave a suggestion I obviously need all the help I can get!

No comments: