Monday, March 29, 2010

I Wish They All Could Be California Girls

I've lived in the same state, same town, for all 21 years of my life. And I've loved it. But this fall, I'll be moving out of state and away from all the these things that I love. The past month or so I've been thinking hard about everything I'm going to miss. I also thought, hey there are a couple things I want to do and see before I leave this lovely place!

Sure I've seen and done lots in this magical Golden state, both native and touristy things...But not everything...

I remember the day I read this post. I was trippin out man. No but really it just got me thinking...I only live hours away how have I never been there. Its not that I never wanted to, I just never made the time. I've drove on the PCH a million times and seen it, but never actually been there. I'm lucky enough to live over an hour away from a place that is considered a dream destination to some, I figured I better get my ass down there and enjoy it then!

Soooooo I'm taking advantage of this spring break shindig and heading down tooooooo The Santa Monica Pier!
I owe it to my native Californian self to check that off the *never been* list, and maybe I owe it to Sam too; she would love to go, its one of her dream vacations, fyi, but since shes on the opposite side of the states a trip wouldn't be so easy. But its easy for me, and I'm goin!

The camera is charging, I have a cute outfit in mind...We'll probably grab lunch and stroll around, hopefully the beautiful weather is around and we'll have a fabulous day! And hopefully you do too!! ♥

2 comments:

SurferWife said...

Have fun! I feel like there is a lot of California I haven't seen, too.

L said...

thank ya thank ya, i had a ton of fun! ya theres so much to do in CA and probably things i havent even thought about too lol!