Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cooking Something

Soooooo my boyfriend and I, we need our own show. Food Network, other show producers are you listening? Tell me if you think you would watch this: a girl baking yummy deserts and cooking dinners that are simple and a little extravagent; with no need to go out and buy 5 spices you've never even heard of, they will be things you can make. All the while she's cooking, her boyfriend is in the kitchen with her, doing the "Charlie work" as we call it. Throwing away the wrappers, putting the flour back, getting the foil. I think we'd be a fun couple to watch. Lovey dovey but not too mushy, a mixture of sarcasm, silliness and bossiness. Cooking and baking are things I love to do, and my boyfriend doesn't mind lending a hand with things in the kitchen. I pull the Princess cardHe doesn't mind doing the dirty work; rinsing dishes & loading them in the wash, throwing out cans & packages. He helps out when I have my hands full or "in chicken", he'll grab the olive oil, get me a 13X9. Would you watch a show with a girl orderingasking her other half to grate the cheese? I don't know, I think its a good, cute idea...My Mom came up with it she saw us in action and said "you guys need your own show". Have you seen Down Home With The Neelys? Ok no but imagine a couple cooking, but with the man only helping out, not cooking, and the girl being a little bossy? Would you change the channel? Lol. Who wouldn't want to see teamwork!? We just work well together, I make a mess and he is right behind me cleaning it up like I was never there. Steamrolling. You don't know (or do you?) how helpful it is to already have the cheese grated when your making a meal, to already have the ingredients you need from the fridge on the counter, believe it or not, it saves you so much time. I'm so lucky to have him help, it makes cooking that much better/easier. He's happy as long as its yummy & I don't blow up the kitchen. He likes watching me make and decorate a cake as much (more than? :) he likes watching Cake Boss on TV. He gets so worried watching me cook bacon, hearing me say "Ow" times 50. He's an ex handyman, and I think he enjoys seeing the process of something going from scratch to a finished product. And the fact the the finished product ends up in his stomach cant hurt! Its probably alot of work to be on a TV show like that, don't you think? Cooking under all those bright lights and stuff. But anyways. To wrap it up. I like to cook, my boyfriend helps me, its great, the end.
♥Top Chef?

4 comments:

ty said...

I would TOTALLY watch it! I actually got to meet the Neelys at a local restaurant a little while back, and they are some of the most genuinely funny people I've ever me :)

Tiffany said...

ugh i am jealous! my fiance just sits on the couch and waits for me to say supper is ready! I can occasionally get him to do the dishes if I beg.

Erin said...

I would absolutely watch that show! You should pitch it to the networks for sure!

L said...

Glad I found somebody to watch it now just to find someone to pitch it and make it...lol!